These granola bars are my all time life savers! Not only are they free from refined sugar, but also free from preservatives! A great pre-workout snack or just as a quick bite on the go…Keep refrigerated and enjoy cool.
Please remember to use ecological and/or fair trade products as far as possible – you will taste the difference!
What you need:
2 big or 3 small, ripe bananas – preferably fair trade
1 1/2 dl (145 g) Peanut butter (unsweetened!!) – and preferably ecological
2 dl (130 g) mixed, unsalted nuts (chopped in smaller pieces) – I use peanuts, almonds, pecans, and cashews
1 dl (90 g) mixed seeds – I used flax seeds, sunflower seeds, quinoa, and pumpkin seeds
2 1/2 dl (100 g) oat flakes
1 dl (70 g) mixed, dried fruits – I used apricot, goji’s, and raisins.
1 dl (35 g) coconut flakes (unsweetened)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cardamom
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
How it’s made:
- Preheat oven to 150 C (300 F)
- Mush the bananas and mix with the peanut butter until smooth.
- Fold in all the other ingredients and mix until even.
- Place in a tin pan (20 x 25 cm) with baking paper.
- Dry in oven for abt 25 mins or until sides are golden. (The bars should be soft and not crispy!)
- Let cool and cut into pieces.
Wanna make these babies even better? Dip one end of each bar in melted, dark chocolate…!